Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jogging for Coffee

I like to think about ways to make my runs less stressful and more relaxing.  Here are some ideas that haven't worked out so well for me (you may have better luck):

I save any coins I find along my route and when I've collected $3.85 I'm going to buy myself a latte from Starbuck's as a reward.  I have a coffee mug in my dresser drawer where I've been collecting the coins since I came up with this idea about a year ago.  As of today, I've accumulated 47 cents.


I try to catch up with anyone walking before they change course and leave my route.  The other day I was almost to the corner which marks the end of my run, when I saw a man walking up ahead of me.  He was walking briskly and I had to push myself to catch him.  I was finally at his right shoulder getting ready to pass him when he turned his head to the right and spit.

I used to run early in the morning before work so that I could get it out of the way and feel good for the rest of the day.  In the winter it's still dark outside but there's little traffic and I don't mind running in the rain or the cold.  One morning I was jogging along and tripped over a bump in the road, fell on my face and ended up with two black eyes, a scraped forehead, a bruised lip, and general facial swelling.

1 comment: